Monday, March 14, 2005

Wedding Dinner

I just returned home from a wedding dinner of some distant relative at Holiday Inn with my parents. Word to describe: Classy.

I mean the people who turned up.

I guess everyone did their preparations before turning up in the evening. Ladies shopped for beautiful dresses (I bet cost a lot), shoes and accessories, did their hair at the salon (either set or perm or dye) and even Aunties looked good with matching dress and bag. Diamonds dazzling everyone.

Wow. The hotel so class meh? Food is lousy and simple. Only the atmosphere and decorations are nice. Ok lar. Passable as 2.7 stars.

Guys looked smart in long sleeves and ironed pants. Uncles looked 5 years younger. But I don't recognise anyone. (Distant relative mah.)

Anyway.

Food is lousy. Oh, I've mentioned that.

Bride is pretty, used to be an air stewardess. Bridegroom not handsome (must be rich.) But they looked happy so everyone's happy for them.

Luckily, my parents made conversations with the people sitting in the same table as us. Else, I'll be bored stiff.

Actually, I spent most of my time sms-ing under the table or I'll look around scanning for any familiar face, but found none.

Wedding dinners with strangers are boring.

I drank 3 to 4 glasses of red wine and was stopped by my mum. (Not my fault, the waiter kept refillling my glass. I think he wants to drunk me.)

Dishes were: Cold plate, shark fins, roasted duck (had a hard time biting), vegetable, prawns, yam with chicken, noodles and dessert. Told you, the food is lousy.

So... If anyone's getting married, don't hold your wedding banquet at 2.7 stars hotels.





*** Next entry, I'll give tips on how to take care of your skin and etc. ***
*** Special entry wor. Must take note :P ***