Thursday, April 27, 2006

FHA 2006

I just came back from FHA 2006 exhibition at expo centre. :)

It's not only an ordinary food fair but a food fair for trader visitors only. A fixed payment of SGD80 is charged per visitor. In order to get in there, we had to register with a company name and they'll issue us passes to go in.

Dress code is business attire. I saw whites, blacks, indians, japanese, chinese, thais etc. in suits there. I had to dress decently too. :P

So strict huh? BUT ... I saw 'kiasu' aunties in there. I wonder how they get the passes.

KS aunties really spoil the atmosphere by dressing in tees and 3/4 pants, which is fine actually... Until they started to push people and squeeze through the crowd to queue for free food. "-_-

Anyway, the exhibitors there are mostly distributors, manufacturers, suppliers and wholesalers, hoping to clinch deals with local and overseas food and beverage traders.

There are lots of machines! Machines to make pastries, dumplings, puffs, tarts, mooncakes, ice cream, yogurt, bread, whole cakes, chocolates etc. Ovens to roast duck, chicken, pork, sausages, wings etc. Juice makers and freezers, coffee machines that can make all sorts of coffee.

There are coffee makers for small business like cafes and family restaurant, and more heavy duty ones for restaurants and hotels. There're those for Starbucks and Coffee Bean too!

My parents are thinking of buying a coffee maker that is for heavy duty. Cost around 4k which is after exhibition discount. I think it's very value for money! Can make coffee, espresso, cappucino and latte! But it's not to be used at home. Haha. But my mum says i can borrow it from the shop if i want.

I'm quite excited about the new shop. I hope everything will go on smoothly. Any updates i'll post later.

Cheers.