Thursday, September 07, 2006

Some thoughts for the day

A man's biggest failure is not willing to settle down in a relationship with the person he loves.
A woman's biggest failure is believing that she can change the one she loves.
Unfortunately, it does not work that way.



Came across this message while browsing through other people's blog... Makes some sense right?

I knew this.

My Science teacher, who taught me in secondary school, used to tell us that one can never change another into someone else that isn't him/ her, no matter what it takes.

"Don't think you can change the person you love, you can't. Don't be foolish. Remember this." She would often remind her students during Science lessons. At that time, my classmates and I used to think she is a crazy-out-of-love-40-years-old-virgin. I mean, it's not that we're bad, but which teacher would tell us such things?

I used to find her lessons boring and hope she'll quickly go back to the actual lessons. I just want to study what's in my Science textbook, do well for my papers (so that I can win the guys in class.) That's all.


However, as time goes by, I've grown up, I realised that some of her words do make sense, in some ways. Come to think of it, she taught us many valuable life lessons which I won't forget ( and can't forget due to her constant naggings.)

Words are words only, unless you've experienced it yourself. If I were to teach whatever I know to a 14-years-old now, I doubt she'll understand and I'll really doubt she'll hind my advice. Life to her is just the beginning, what's there to worry about?

That's why age is like wine, the older it is, the better it gets. Why? Because only by aging as you experience new things and gain new knowledge, you'll learnt all that you ever need to have a better and easier life ahead.

So, embrace aging ok? You don't need to swallow. haas Life is more than that.