Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quick updates on yesterday and today

Fri, 6 Oct:

After school, I had dinner with my grandparents, grandpa's friends, aunts and uncles, cousins and my family members. We went to the restaurant named Prima something at PSA. When my dad drove into the carpark, we thought we're in Malaysia. The place looks 'lok kok'. Somemore there is valet parking...

When I climbed up the stairs and stepped into the restaurant, oh my, I felt I was in the state of motion sickness. Like suddenly drunk like that. The bloody restaurant is moving! Recalling now, I also feel giddy.

My cousins arrived before us and were at the table. I guess they were already half blur le. Haha. That day was super hazy, PSI 128, so we don't have a nice scenary.

The food is....... I don't know what to say... I guess I don't know how to appreciate yah? It's supposed to be prepared by Singapore's top chef. The one who is the judge of food competition on TV shows.

Ok, to be fair, the beijing duck is very nice. But the meat is wasted. I rather I use my hands to eat, than fry it with beansprouts and ended up tasting like xing zhou chao mian.

The dinner was more like food tasting, not filling to the stomach. Small portion. By the 3rd dish, my bro, sis and I decided we need prata for supper. Haha. (Of course we didn't lar.)

What's interesting is that the food was delivered through the lift. So funny... The kitchen and toilet are downstairs.

Dinner was super ex. 500+ per table for serving size of 8, which is more like for 5... We occupied 2 tables. Nvm, as long as ah gong (treats us and) is happy. :P

***

Saturday, 7 Oct:

After school, I attended a Vienna Boys Choir concert at the Esplanade Concert hall. Very happening right...

The boys are cute and I think they are probably 10 years old? 10 years old with powerful voice ok.

10 years old I was in a Gold award choir that recorded an album in a studio for the school's 50th Anniversary. Like very impressive right? ... The cd sounds horrible now. Hahaa.

Anyway. Eb, nick, nick's friend and I sat in the first row of Circle 2, which is like 2 storeys above ground. And we paid 40+ for a ticket. Gosh. Vienna Boys are expensive...

I think this kind of concert is once in a lifetime thing. Again, I don't really know how to appreciate. I'm just wasting somebody's chance and opportunity of appreciating the performance. Haha!

But at least I know a bit of here and there ok. Unlike some audience who clapped wrongly, twice somemore, when the performance haven't ended. There were also people who coughed, whispered or wriggled in their seats (duhz), made unneccesary noise. There is a reason why brochures are made of the hard type of material ok.

Done.