Sunday, January 23, 2005

Starry nights

If you've noticed for the past nights, it has been very starry. No rain, no clouds, clear sky. Look from a dim area, maybe from your kitchen window or on your way home from bus stop.

From experience, bus stops are poorly lighted. I saw quite a few stars yesterday while waiting for bus 33 to come. I saw Orion. That is the only 'thing' I can tell. Haha. What is Orion? A consellation? I'm not sure.

I don't even know how many planets are there in the solar system. The girl I met in the park said there're 9. Really? I only know there's a Mercury, Mars, Jupitar, Earth, Pluto or Pluton (?), Saturn... Oh talking about Saturn, I saw it through the telescope of an one-hour friend in Toa Payoh park.

I could see the ring around Saturn. It is faint yellow. And there's a white dot near it. Maybe it's the moon of Saturn.

Then I saw the Moon's rough surface. I've seen this before, through my bf's binoculars and on books. Looks the same. Lots of craters near the edge of the Moon.

I saw clusters of stars. Nice.

They are so into astrology. I only know how to count stars.

I prefer looking into the sky, seeing many many stars. Countless. The only time I had this view was 2 years ago, at East Coast with my bf. We are lucky, happened to be a clear and starry night. Our tent had the best view. :)

Another time was when I was on my way to Penang in my dad's car. We always travel late at night. The expressway was very long and dark, no streetlights. Looking through the car's window, I could see many many stars. I wished I could take photos of the sky.

I don't really like looking at stars and planets through telescope. To me, they are just big dots of light, that's all.