Friday, April 08, 2005

Zoom zoom!

Friday was a happy day. That afternoon, I met ay first to walk around Toa Payoh. Yoa Payoh is my 'di4 pan2'. I won't get lost in Toa Payoh. Hehe.

Ask me where is the old Popular or old bank is, I know! Ask me which spects shop is highly recommened, I know! Ask me where to buy bubble tea at $1, I also know!

We met eb at the library and I borrowed accounting books to bring home and read. After that we had laksa at $2 with lots of hums. Nice. Then we went Mos Burger to drink milk tea and eat apple pies while waiting for nick to come.

Evening, the four of us went touring around in car with eb driving. At some point in time, eb drove past 100 km/h and I started to get a little nervous. Been looking at the speedometer since we started off. Think he don't know.

First, we went to nearly the end of Singapore, somewhere near Sungeh Belo (sp) nature park. Surprisingly at which a 'wu lu' place, people were having bbq, fishing and strolling in the park.

I wanted to take a photo of the signboard that says 'WARNING: Beware of crocodiles'. But it's tooo dark there. I didn't see any crocodiles climbing up the shore so I guess it's just to deter people from swimming illegally across to Malaysia.

Just opposite the end of the shore, we can see Malaysia. It is like looking at a longer stretch of CBD at night, farway.

After that, we drove to some 'wu lu' roads again and even had to search for the place in the street directory. The guys wanted to go to somewhere near St. Christine camp. Anyone knows this place? It's a camp for guides and scouts.

Eb had to drove on rocky and bumpy road into the wilds. Haha. Not exactly the wilds but looks like it. We had to on high beam because there're no street lights. We even tried to off the lights and oh my...

It's very dark!

Finally we reached another end of the shore, a place that looks like a mini jetty. Wow. The stars are the brightest there! And we can see them twinkling like diamonds up high in the sky. Heee.

I could have seen more if I wear spects. Had a hard time walking around because of the rocks on the ground. So many!

We 'spied' on the guides in the camp site. Hehe. I wonder will they scream if they see us because it's so dark there.

Before going to the last stop, we drove to some Civil Defence place and right outside the entrance, there's a hugh army tank on display. The tank looks real to me.

Lastly, we drove to NTU campus. Haha. We wanted to find a toilet and canteen. Ended up going to the canteen where px brought me, hj and ps to during our visit to her hostel!

NTU is so big. We drove round and round and finally found our way out. After that eb drove us home. What a tiring yet happy day. :)